Northern Minnesota Entrepreneurial Academy
WHAT IS THE NORTHERN MINNESOTA YOUTH ENTREPRENEURIAL ACADEMY?The Northern Minnesota Entrepreneurs Academy (NMEA) is a week-long program that teaches areahigh school students how to start and run their own REAL businesses. The purpose of the EntrepreneurAcademy is to help students discover their entrepreneurial skills, provide opportunities to connect witharea entrepreneurs, network with other northern Minnesota students, and encourage students to return tonorthern Minnesota to pursue careers.NMEA was developed by the Headwaters Regional Development Commission with the supportof the Northwest Minnesota Foundation, Bemidji State University, the Lauchpad Bemidji, and the HubbardCounty Economic Development Commission. The Entrepreneurial Academy consists of a 5 day academyin which students focus on the development of skills, knowledge, and attitudes of entrepreneur. NMEA willguide area high school students through the process of starting and running a legitimate business or social movement.
Over the course of the program, students will:
• Brainstorm business ideas
• Write a business plan
• Network with likeminded peers
• Pitch their business plan to potential “investors” (think Shark Tank)
• Learn how to obtain startup funding
• Legally register their businesses
• Actually launch their own businesses or social movements
• Have the chance to win seed $ to launch their own businesses!
Entp Academy Brochure.pdf